Keeping with the theme of spring and the hope it brings, here is a list of things I hope for….
- I hope my kids will always want to hang out with me even if they don’t have to.
- I hope I will never lose hope.
- I hope #4 will one day sleep in a bed other than my own.
- I hope, if nothing else, my kids grow up to be compassionate and grateful.
- I hope she never lets anyone take away her sparkle.
- I hope my extended family will remain close (and that forgiveness doesn’t mean you say it’s ok, it just means we can all spend Christmas together finally).
- I hope my girls will always respect and love who they are, and that they are worthy of being treated with respect and love.
- I hope that I will never be able to drive Ever-Patient away once and for all because of my momentary lapses of sanity and rationality.
- I hope my parents – my mother, my father, and my step-father – are happy.
- I hope this one will learn to take risks.
- I hope the girls outgrow High School Musical very soon…or Mama will have more momentary lapses in sanity.
- I hope the girls NEVER outgrow family time in the basement.
- I hope I never have all the answers.
- I hope, 40 years from now, I can look back and say I lived a life that I am proud of.
- I hope these yahoos look out for each other…always.
- I hope I never lose sight of what is important. (Whenever I am bothered by something, I ask myself if it would still bother me so much if I knew I only had a month to live. This is a good way to maintain a little perspective.)
- I hope Ever-Patient and I are BFFs….and ever and ever and ever.
- I hope to one day fit into my size 24 skinny jeans.
- I hope to complete a triathlon…one day. (Completing this would probably help in fulfilling hope #18.)
- I hope I will continue to document both the banal and significant details of my life and that by reading all of it in the future, my girls will understand the source of their neuroses and complexes.
- I hope my kids will finally give up on the idea that we will one day get a dog.
- I hope she will slow down the whole growing up thing. It’s KILLING her father.
- I hope for peace.
- I hope to have a deck and a finished backyard for the summer…which would be a fantastic birthday and anniversary gift (hint hint EPO).
- I hope that jean jacket and flip flop weather arrives soon. I hate socks.
There you have it. (Although some of these hopes sound more like desperate prayers.)
Happy Friday. Hope it’s a good one.