Last week, I took a brief hiatus from blogland…it seemed like just another thing on my plate that I needed to clear for awhile to ensure I had more time for these crazies:
and of course, the latest crazy…
Recap of last week’s shenanigans adventures:
- Caught #3 multiple times with her fingers inside the baby’s mouth…Me: “Why are your fingers in his mouth?!?” #3: “Just checking if he has teeth yet.” Me (2 hours later): “Why are your fingers in his mouth..again!?!” #3: “Just checking if he has teeth again.”
- Went to the grocery store for the first time alone with #3, #4, and #5. Realized how hostile I can be to people with just one child who park in the “customer with child” parking.
- Took #3, #4, and #5 to #4’s library program and was able to breastfeed inconspicuously, cut out a large poppy, and sing “If you’re happy and you know it” all at the same time…though by the end of it all, I was drenched in sweat and felt like I was on fire.
- Made a few appearances at #2 and #3’s school and had to recount the labour and delivery story at least 7 times.
- Adjusted to 2-3 hour sleep intervals.
- Took #2, #3, #4, and #5 to #1’s volleyball practice. Then watched Ever-Patient run an amazing practice. Seeing him influence #1 and the rest of the teams in such a positive away made me more accepting of the fact that I am left alone every Tuesday and Thursday night with 4 munchkins so he can coach.
- Heard this daily: “Hello Mr. Baby Cutie Pie!” – #4’s new nickname for #5.
- Was able to have great conversations with great friends.
- Found: lost mitten and my sense of humour.
- Had more conversations with Ever-Patient that didn’t include the sentences: “Can you burp him?” “Can you put the laundry in the dryer?”
- Awakened one morning at 6am by #2 (after I had just fallen asleep after being awake with #5 since 4am) to remind me that I needed to blow dry her hair for picture day.
- Stopped feeling like my uterus was going to fall out.
- Had lots of one-on-one moments with all my kids and my husband.
It was a good week. We’re getting there. Now only if I can find some time to be creative again…